Friday, August 31, 2007

Bring on the Llamas




So, I have to admit, I'm not really all that pious and thought provoking. Every now and again I can have one of those inspiring moments and become a deep, Bible quoting and insightful blogger (see post below). But, that's just not always me. And that's okay, because I believe God must have one heck of a sense of humor. (Hello...have you read the story of Balaam and his talking donkey?)

Luckily, I have great friends who appreciate the fact that I can be firm in my faith and, well, a little (maybe a lot) warped at the same time. Hence, the llamas. Now, we've all had those moments when the imminent demise of a loved one by our own hand seemed fairly likely. Being a Christian, I realize that it's just bad juju to allow that to happen. Once again, hence the llamas. My friend/co-defendant Rebecca and I have decided that we must take stock in some animals. After all, if the only requirement of the old testament bad girls was to sacrifice a donkey after oh, say, accidentally poisoning their husbands or losing their offspring in the wilderness, then I think there might be some merit to the practice. We decided on llamas because they're goofy and big. Big covers lots of evil thoughts, right? Pygmy goats, we decided, will be sufficient for smaller jobs. You know, those times when you pray for a large zit to take root square in the middle of your complaining teenager's forehead; or when you hope beyond hope that the skateboard will somehow shoot off all of it's wheels at exactly the same time--rendering it useless for a least a good week. Maybe two if you hide the screwdriver well enough.

Well, such silliness is of course, just silliness. We would never harm the animals or the children or even the husband. But, it is good to laugh in the face of trials and tribulations and the llamas have brought us those precious laughs in our times of need. So, for that, I say...bring on the llamas!

1 comment:

Momma Monty said...

Love the LLAMA, but we may need a bigger animal now, or else I am going to make the llama farm down the road look like a happy petting zoo.