Friday, August 15, 2008

Why?

I know we all have to have one. That one adult in the neighborhood who seems to have this anti-children mission. Ours even has children of his own; but it doesn't stop him from terrorizing them or others.

Tonight my oldest came home crying because this man launched into a screaming rage filled tirade at my son and his friend over a toy. A toy that we think belongs to my son's friend.

The mother bear in me immediately began to plot the best ways to claw him apart outside in. It's not about the toy; a few dollar toy is not the issue here. The fact that this adult found it necessary to rage on at children he didn't know is unacceptable. If there is a problem of such a magnitude that you feel it necessary to scream at my children; please come and talk to me. I will be sure to handle it the way it needs to.

The irony in all this is that we have always taught our children to respect adults. This man deserves little respect, but my son just turned foot and came to find us---the right and respectful thing to do. He didn't argue back; he didn't get a snotty attitude; he just removed himself from the situation. My husband and the other child's mom went over later and spoke to the man about his behavior and how unacceptable it was. Crisis over.

I'm sure it's probably just a little bump in the road, but really, get a grip. I think this "gentleman" could learn a few manners from a few 8 and 9 year olds. Sheesh.

No comments: