Sunday, September 28, 2008

I love my crockpot!

Apparently, many others feel the same adoration and excitement about this fabulous piece of culinary gadgetry. My new favorite blog belongs to the Crockpot lady. She decided to use a crockpot every single day for a year. She could quite possibly be one of my new heroes. Check our her site if you want to breath some new life into your cooking--and make your life easier in the process. She has it all--appetizers, desserts, entrees...it's just a wealth of dump it and let it go cooking.

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/


I just used my crockpot this weekend to make homemade applesauce. 8 apples, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice and a few hours later I had warm chunky applesauce. It was such a great comfort food warm, then cold and even served over ice cream. I think it lasted less than 48 hours, but it was so easy...I'm making some more tonight while I sleep. God bless whoever invented the crockpot.

No comments: