Monday, September 14, 2009

Girlfriends

If you've ever had children or been forced to care for one for any amount of time, chances are you've read the classic Alexander and the No Good Horrible Very Bad Day. While Alexander had a day, I've extended mine into a whole week now. It's just been one of those hectic, frustrating, hurt-filled, head banging kind of weeks.

And this is why I love my friends. Girlfriends are just as necessary to my life as air, water and the occasional margarita. (Hmm...friends go with margaritas really well, don't they?) They are all varied and different, but each one holds a special place in my heart. I was reminded by one of them this weekend that it's okay not to try and have it all together all of the time. That's one of the great things about girlfriends...we can be there for each other when there is no way we can possibly hold it all together anymore. We offer food, hugs, alcohol, laughs, shoulders to cry on and time away to help recollect our sanity.

Girlfriends, you know who you are and I love you all. Your concern, love, laughter, chocolate, animals, margaritas and lunch dates have brought me much comfort and relief during the past week or so. Thank you for being such amazing women; I am blessed to have each of you in my life!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

umm. I don't know what's going on at all, but I've been thinking of you and I love you very much :)

Robyn said...

I know just how you feel! If I hadn't had such an awesome network of girlfriends I could have never got through this last year of deployment. Hope this week is better for you:)