Sunday, February 21, 2010

Chocolate Fondue


Is there anything better than a bowl of warm, melty chocolate just waiting to be dipped into?  I'm pretty sure that right there is heaven on earth.

This is the easiest fondue I have EVER made.  It's pure chocolate ecstasy.  The nice thing was that it stayed melty and gooey without even having to light the gel fuel underneath my fondue pot.  I'm always afraid it will scorch the bottom of the chocolate, so whenever I can get away with not lighting it....it's a happy day.  It has a satiny texture and is just the right sweetness for dipping fruits and other goodies.  Or you could eat it with a spoon.  Not that I would know.  I'm really just guessing here. Yeah.

I apologize for forgetting to take pictures of the process, but this is so tasty I thought I would post it anyway with just the finished product.  As addicting as this is, I don't anticipate making this frequently; my thighs would never make it through the doorway again.

I served this with pears, apples, bananas, strawberries, pineapples, pretzels, homemade banana bread, and homemade rice krispie treats to dip.  All of the dippers went over well, with pineapple being the least dipped I think. 

Try this the next time you need to whip together a quick, impressive dessert.  You will be blessed!

Chocolate Fondue

9 ounces 60% dark chocolate
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. sugar

Break the chocolate into smaller pieces.  Place in bowl with cream, butter and sugar.  Microwave for 1 minute increments until melted.  Serve with assorted dippers.

How easy is that?  So little work for this:


Life is good, my friends.  Life is good.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some leftovers to sample. :)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

OH.MY.GOSH. yum. :) I love all your recipes, missy! Ad you are such a good blogger! You're gonna be the next Julie and Julia... person! haha well, kinda. without imitating someone. :) Love ya!