Monday, March 8, 2010

2 Weeks


I can't believe it's been two weeks since I've gotten a blog up; then again, I'm more surprised that it hasn't been two months.  The past two weeks have been, well, chaos and insanity around my house.  Let's go for a run down shall we?



***2 separate nasty viruses have run their courses through my home.  Through every...single...member...of this family.  I'm pretty sure we've caused the stocks for Tylenol and tea to go through the roof.  I have to say, though, that I love these nighttime/daytime packages.  I don't have to think as hard in my weakened condition.


***My desktop breathed it's last breath.  Which, really wouldn't have been SUCH a big deal had the laptop not picked up a computer virus that put it down for almost a week.  I guess it was feeling left out of the virus loop mentioned above.



***This is Sophie, our bulldog.  (She was giving my husband the evil eye here, I think.  Or maybe she was just too lazy to hold her eyes open.  Bulldogs...they're all a bunch o' slackers, I tell ya.)  Apparently Sophie decided that if we were sick, then she should be too. 


This is Sophie's spleen when they had to do emergency surgery to remove it after it torqued on itself.  (We learned that it should have been about the size of the doctor's hand.)   The twitches from the vet's bill are starting to diminish...a little.  We are so thankful for our vet though...they saved Soph and took great care of her.  She's a lucky dog.


***I got to cook twice with my friend Amanda for her senior project.  Actually, she did most of the cooking and I just got to supervise.  That means, of course, that I had to taste the ingredients (you know...cheese, bacon, chocolate) for quality.  She's lucky to have such a dedicated mentor.


***I finished up teaching my Cajun/Cooking Class at homeschool co-op.  It was SUCH fun!  The boys (all six of them) are great kids and great cooks, as well.  We laughed, cooked, ate, and learned.  I think they enjoyed it too...I know I did.  (I'll add a picture as soon as I get permission from all of the parents.)


***Lastly, because we live in the Pacific Northwest, we couldn't miss the opportunity (sick or not!) to go and visit the Olympics in Vancouver.  It was amazing---the atmosphere, the people, the cauldron, the athletes...I could go on and on.  If you're ever near an Olympic city, really try and visit.  We didn't have tickets to any events, but we did have a fantastic time soaking in the flavor of the games in the city.

So, I do apologize to all 5 or 6 of my readers, but I'm back and will be posting a new recipe in just a few minutes.  I'll try and make up for lost time! :)

No comments: