Monday, October 11, 2010

Apple Cheddar Turkey Meatballs

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Canadian friends! :)

Although I'm not quite ready to roast the big bird yet, I felt like making a Thanksgiving-ish dinner in honor of Thanksgiving in Canada.  These meatballs were a perfect choice!

We've been making these for some time now...ever since I found them here at the Crockpot 365 site.  I confess I've yet to make them in the crockpot, but they come together and bake so quickly that I haven't felt the need to pull out the beast for them yet.

You really, really, really need to try these.  It's a super easy dish that appeals to kids and adults alike.  Pair it up with some dressing, green beans, and cranberry sauce and it's a mini Thanksgiving dinner!

Here's what you need to gather up:

Ground turkey, sharp cheddar, dried cranberries, green apple, an egg, garlic, salt, and pepper.


First give your cheese a grate.  While you're there, peel and grate the apple as well.


Next toss all of the ingredients in a large bowl.  (Seriously, it's that easy.)


Give it all a good mix.  I find that my hands work best, but you could try a large spatula if you have an aversion to playing with the raw meat.


Then scoop and shape it into meatballs.  Place on a greased cookie sheet.


Bake at 375 for about 15-20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 170 and no pink remains.

It's that simple and so tasty!  Try these sometimes when you feel like a Thanksgiving feaxt without all the work!


Apple Cheddar Turkey Meatballs

20 ounce package of ground turkey breast
1 green apple, peeled and shredded
1 egg
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. minced garlic
3/4 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
1/2 cup dried cranberries

In a large bowl, mix ingredients together.  Scoop out and shape into meatballs.  Place on greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 170 and juices run clear.

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Steph said...

I'm hosting the police department Christmas party this year, and I'm definitely planning on making these babies!! I think that if I make small ones, they'll be an awesome appetizer. I should probably make them once before then just to actually try them, but I'm already smitten with them.