Thursday, August 20, 2009

Splash Camp: The Next Adventure!

What's more fun than a barrel of monkeys? How about going on camping with 30 middle schoolers from your church youth group. Oh wait, that is a barrel of monkeys, isn't it?

For our second year, the boys and I will be headed to splash camp for 5 days of worship, studies, tubing, swimming, games, several forms of random chaos and excellent camp food. (I'm in on the camp food. Want me to get involved with something? Ask me to cook. I physically cannot say no.)

While it's not for the faint of heart, I have found Splash to be a great opportunity to see the cool melding of these kids away from daily life. They learn to work together and are safe to branch out beyond their usual "comfort zone" friends. It's a great experience that I found myself looking forward to this year. My boys love it because they get to play, learn, play, swim, play and camp for five whole days by the river. Top that with one day at the water park and they are supremely happy campers.

We'll be back on Monday and I'm sure I'll have lots of great stories to share. Have a great weekend and send cool, happy thoughts my way. We're not used to 100 degree temperatures anymore!!

No comments: