Saturday, December 19, 2009

Where I've Been


I sincerely apologize for my lack of recipes the past few days; the Fed-Ex Christmas shipping deadlines snuck up on me before I knew it!

But I have an even better reason for my absence--I've been helping this sweet young thing.






Isn't she a cutie?

This is my dear friend Rebecca's daughter.  She's a senior in high school and is learning how to cook for her senior project.  I've been helping her out a little; she's doing a great job.

This week she cooked a brunch meal. A really sweet brunch meal.





She whipped up these little things -- Strawberry granola parfaits.  The recipe has yogurt, jam and ricotta cheese.  Very rich.  Very Tasty.




She also made a no-crust quiche with ham, bacon, spinach, and cheddar; PW's cinnamon rolls (yum!); a fruit plate; and a punch.

She's cooked two meals now and has three to go.  Then she'll be developing her own cookbook with the recipes she's made.  It's a really cool senior project that will help her when she's out of high school. 

Plus, it tastes really good right now.  And she cleans up after herself.  It's a win-win all the way around! :)

No comments: